Deals on flights there and there, but not so much insider travel industry offer them without previously asking about them. Thus, if you want to get best deals flight you will need to do some research on their own. This article will take a great way for to start working in this direction. The following basic tips are available to everyone (ie, to achieve good results, they do not require the "insider connections").
1) Order in advance. So basic and well-known, I almost feel guilty, offering it as a tip. Nevertheless, it may save you a lot of money. Provide your flight a month in advance, optimize discounts. Book your flight the day before, expect to pay premium prices.
2) does not fly during normal business hours. Airlines Flight – a supply and demand. If you insist on a flight between 8:00 and 17:00. – subject to availability at least – then plan to pay higher prices. Flying "Red Eye" – when a lot of available seats – can significantly reduce the cost of your ticket.
3) Check prices for flight to / from the alternative airport. Sometimes you can get a better offer, traveling to the greater metropolitan area, rather than insisting on a flight which takes off "the public" from the local airport. On the other hand, Los Anzhelenas, for example, knows that the journey in one of the smaller airports – not known as the LAX – can save them mucho dinero.
4) Ask the airline to adjust the price of their ticket, to reflect the current price they pay – unless, that is, prices have fallen since you booked your ticket. Few who do – or even knows about it – but the airlines will adjust the price when asking them. Just do not expect that they will do it without your encouragement.
5) Do not park the car at the airport, if possible. Parking fees quickly typed – and can even compensate for all the savings that you could get from other efforts to save money. One day I went to Hawaii, where he studied at the school (about 30 years ago … gulp!), And after his return to Denver two weeks later came the cost of parking the car in all that time. more than $ 100, leaving the four of us who went on a trip, came home, except for coins in his pockets and fumes in the tank as long as we have completed the journey by car to 300 miles from the airport. It is clear that airport parking is not always possible. Therefore, at least, consider parking cost in the plans of the Budget.
6) Try to fly "off-season". Of course, the flight to Hawaii on Christmas Day sounds very attractive, if your house under the snow several feet, but flying there in the summer can be much cheaper. For example, I thought Hawaii in July, very enjoyable – especially with the extra money for the May-Theis on the beach.
7) Check packet transaction. Sometimes you can save a lot of money by buying a package deal where you buy your flight, motel room, and maybe even rent a car, all in one "package deal." You can even throw further additives, such as a luau (Hawaiian), or show on Broadway (New York).
8) Bulk discounts. Sometimes organizations or groups organize trips for its members to give each individual part of the money. For example, older community do it when traveling to Las Vegas.
9) Check with an aggregator. These outfits – aggregators – compare multiple airlines and travel agencies – find lucrative offer from all the places in which they dig. Of course, the aggregator can check out all the shops, so try several aggregators, and then try to pass directly through the airlines that aggregators are considered the cheapest. You may find that the "direct route" to the airline chosen can bring to you the best discounts with the help of programs for frequent flying, and that – not to mention the fact, to allow you to bypass the board in the travel agency (minimal, though there is) .